Friday, July 11, 2008

Quite the week

This has been a really challenging week for me personally. This past weekend with the dog bite, and my son going to the ER kind of threw me over the edge.

Wall street also had a horrid week. Very concerning about the housing crisis, and it appears to be getting worse. Today, Indymac bank that holds over 32B in assets was taken over by the Fed. They had a liquidity crisis from the housing market crash. Chuck Schumer mentioned this bank being in trouble about a month ago, and people pulled out over 1.3B in the past 30 days. This further created the crisis. I hate to say it but these things are probably going to get much worse, and as oil climbed again to a new high today of $147, oil is increasing daily as the dollar slowly collapses. It would be nice to know when we are at the bottom of this market, but the bottom is probably still far away unfortunately. I had told my family to get their stock out about a year ago, but they did not listen.

This whole thing with Iran isn't helping either. With Americans now concerned about the economy and their assets (housing), I think Ron Paul would have a much better shot if the nomination process started today instead of six months ago. It just goes to show you how timing is so critical. Iran isn't helping things either, instability is everywhere and is completely volitale now that our economy is more global than it was in 2001 when 9/11 hit.

I have some fear about this, but I think I would be better off praying for our country and it's citizens. I have concern that things are going to get worse, especially if Barry Obama becomes president. Not that Mccain will do much good either. I think unfortunately that we are going to have to get another Jimmy Carter elected to get a Reagan. I think that the current person who could become a great leader is Bobby Jindal. He is unique, humble and is a leader.

Going to try and take it easy this weekend, sleep and rest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brock, I think you are right, things are set to become much worse, not just in your country but around the world, we have the perfect storm coming I believe, climate change, financial, peak oil etc.

For me, I try concentrating on making ourselves as self sufficient as we can be, if I thought about the state of the world for too long I would go bonkers, I did post about it some time ago, it is of wide concern amongst our blooging communities.

Blessings:)

It's me said...

I especially agree with the part about who is going to be the President. I am really struggling between what I perceive as two equally bad choices.

And it is sad when families/friends don't take good advice. Our best friends just bought a new boat. And yes, we go with them and pay for half the gas, but the time is near upon us when they'll be making payments but not able to afford the fuel. :(

RL said...

Hey Brock,
I hope things are going better for you by now. Sounds like it was "quite the week". And these are quite the times we are living in as well. I keep telling my kids to pay attention to all this because these things are as unprecedented today as any of the other major events of the past like the Great Depression, Pearl Harbor, Vietnam or any of the other monumental headline events from days gone by.

Take care and God bless.

Russ

It's me said...

Of all people, I'd love it Russ if you would visit and tell me your thoughts.
http://justwanderingthrough.blogspot.com/2008/07/kids.html

And Brock, I hope things are going better.